Using the latest meshing software tools, Milestone offer a complete mesh generation service for FEA, CFD, Boundary Element or any other discredited methods. We can work with either your provided CAD file as a starting point or allow us to generate both the underlying geometry & the mesh. Parametric studies if required can also be performed. Legacy meshes can also be modify to improve quality or accommodate changes in geometry.
Previous meshing projects undertaken have ranged from a few hours to months. All types of structured & unstructured meshes can be generated, from shells to tetrahedral & hex elements. We can generate mesh in a solver format of your choice, including specific metrics on mesh quality as requested. Along with our other FEA & CFD services, all meshing assignments are undertaken in line with our customer specified quality standard.
Range of industries
Industrial & Heavy Equipment
Meshing Services Includes:
Subcontract Services – If you prefer, a Milestone engineer can work on-site to supplement your current CAE team.
Extensive Solver Support – Meshes can be exported to over 100 popular FEA & CFD codes, including NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS, LS-DYNA, FLUENT, STAR-CD & ANSYS CFX.
Geometry Healing – Mesh generation problems are often caused by poorly defined geometry. We can fix geometry errors & our patch-independent meshing tools ensure that the final mesh is not affected by cracks, holes & thin slivers.
Surfacing / Midplane Extraction – Solid model meshing of “thin” parts is generally not suitable for accurate FEA. Mid-plane extraction including variable thickness, enable us to generate shell element models as per specified criteria.
100% Pure or Hybrid Meshes – 100% hexahedral meshes can be generated for demanding FEA & CFD applications, including LS-DYNA explicit simulations. Hybrid meshing is available for mixed tetrahedral/hexahedral element structures and also the use of boundary layer prisms in CFD.
Mesh Morphing – Even if you already have an existing mesh we can help. The surface of the mesh can be extracted & converted back to geometry as the basis of a new, superior mesh. Alternatively, we can morph your original mesh to improve quality and generate rapid shape changes while retaining the existing connectivity & boundary conditions.
STL/Faceted Surface Handling – Faceted surface data, as commonly obtained from scanning & rapid prototyping applications, can be cleaned up & meshed with solid or surface elements as required., enable us to generate superior shell element assemblies.
- Hourly- rates are available, based on your volume of work and type of work
- Full-time Equivalent – rates can be provided for larger projects, ensuring your project will be completed within a fixed budget.
- Refer outsourcing model for more details.
Being ISO/IEC 27001 Certified:
- Milestone Systematically examine the customer’s information security risks, taking account of the threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts;
- Design and implement a coherent and comprehensive suite of information security controls and
- Adopt an overarching management process to ensure that the information security controls continue to meet the customers’s information security needs on an ongoing basis.
- Standards and methodologies for project management quality assurance
- Effective processes to support arrangements for good governance and accountability;
- Input from individuals with the appropriate subject or technical expertise to ensure the development of outputs that are fit for the purpose.